Earthquakes are really terrifying: it comes when you least expect it and everything around you starts shaking that you don’t know what to do.
The Philippines, being one of the countries included in the Pacific Ring of Fire (or the major area in the Pacific Ocean where many earthquakes and volcanic eruptions occur), is very susceptible to earthquakes.
In case of the worst possible event, here are ten things you should expect and do before, during and after an earthquake.
Before An Earthquake
Being unprepared during an earthquake is the worst possible situation you can be in. Before an actual earthquake happens, always have a grab bag ready near you. If you don’t know what a grab bag is, it’s basically any kind of durable bag that contains items in times of emergency. If it’s your first time making one, here are the necessities that you should always have in your grab bag:
- ID or Documents of Identification inside a waterproof bag
- Power Bank and Charger
- First Aid Kid (Bandages, Alcohol, Cotton Buds, Basic Medicine, etc.)
- Candies or Chocolate
- Canned Goods (With a long expiration date, of course)
- Bottle Water
- Extra Cellphone (with a sim card and a full battery of course!)
- Clothes, underwear and a towel
- Toiletries (preferably in sachets so that they don’t take too much space)
- Swiss Knife
- Have A Family Meeting or Friends Meeting
more recommended stories
10 Books Perfect For Those Rainy Days
The rainy season is finally here:.
Who Are The Top 10 Best Dressed At The SONA 2019?
SONA 2019 was held last Monday,.
10 Places Where The Summer Olympics Have Been Held
As the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics.
10 Hidden Gems In The Philippines
Hidden gems in the Philippines are.