Tuesday, October 20, 2020

NegOcc, Bacolod City Extend ECQ Until April 30

NegOcc, Bacolod City Extend ECQ Until April 30

Spotlight

Boost Your Digital Reach At WOCEE WIRED

Learn how to stand out from the crowd on the upcoming WOCEE WIRED!

Transport Coop. Provides More Than 25k Free ‘Green Cards’ For Cashless Transactions

A transport cooperative operating in Las Piñas provides 25,735 passengers with the means to safely board and ride their solar electric jeepneys along the route of Alabang to Zapote.

The Importance Of Deepening Ties And Friendship On Online English Education

51Talk hosts the 2020 Sino-Philippines Educational Exchanges in celebration of the 45th anniversary of the founding of bilateral relations between the Philippines and China.

DBP Backs Public Transport Sector Recovery

DBP is working closely with the Department of Transportation (DOTr) and the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) in finding financial solutions to aid the country's transportation sector due to the difficulties presented by the pandemic.

The ongoing 14-day enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) in Negros Occidental and this capital city has been extended for 16 more days, or until April 30, as part of intensified efforts to prevent the spread of the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19).

Governor Eugenio Jose Lacson and Mayor Evelio Leonardia issued separate directives on Wednesday, declaring an extension of the ECQ, which will now run for a month, from an initial period of only 14 days set from March 30 to April 14.

“As a disease prevention and control measure in limiting the transmission of Covid-19 in the province, the Provincial Health Office has recommended the extension of the duration of the ECQ,” Lacson said in Executive Order (EO) 20-20-A.

The order said the provisions of EO 20-20, which initially declared the 14-day ECQ, would remain in force and in effect until April 30.

The ECQ passes issued by the provincial government will remain valid until the end of the extended quarantine period, it added.

“It will be a continuation of the existing ECQ. Those given exemptions up to April 14 can still use the same. We will notify the Philippine National Police personnel manning the checkpoints that all exemptions issued will still be considered valid up to April 30,” Lacson said in a press conference at the Capitol Social Hall here.

He also reiterated the mandatory use of face masks in public places in his latest directive.

With the extended quarantine period, Lacson said the provincial government would provide additional rice subsidy for the 12 cities and 19 municipalities in the province.

Negros Occidental has only one confirmed Covid-19 patient, a 41-year-old female from EB Magalona town, whose first repeat test already yielded a negative result.

On Wednesday, she was discharged from the Teresita L. Jalandoni Provincial Hospital located in neighboring Silay City.

The patient’s five close contacts, members of her family, and her one close contact at work have also tested negative.

So far, the Provincial Health Office has collected a total of 135 specimens, which were submitted to both the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine and the Western Visayas Medical Center.

Of the number, 130 came out negative while one yielded a positive result. Four results are still pending.

In Bacolod City, Leonardia issued EO 29, declaring the extension of the ECQ also until April 30.

“(T)he extension of the imposed ECQ is necessary so as the city shall not lose its current gains and momentum in terms of controlling the spread of the virus,” he said in the order.

Leonardia added that he approved the extension after consulting Vice Mayor El Cid Familiaran, chairman of the inter-agency task force against Covid-19, as well as with the officials of the City Health Office and the City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office.

As of Wednesday, a total of 162 persons had been tested in Bacolod. Of the number, seven yielded positive results, including the one who died. A total of 99 also tested negative while 56 results are still pending.

“The foregoing statistics show that the danger of local transmission is still a grave and present threat, which cannot be underestimated. The city cannot be complacent and must therefore institute stringent measures to stop the transmission of Covid-19,” Leonardia added in the order.

During the ECQ, a strict home quarantine in all households is observed and movement is limited to accessing basic necessities. All forms of public transportation are also suspended.

Moreover, provision for food and essential health services is regulated and there is a heightened presence of uniformed personnel to enforce quarantine procedures. (PNA)

Latest News

Boost Your Digital Reach At WOCEE WIRED

Learn how to stand out from the crowd on the upcoming WOCEE WIRED!

Mayor Labella: Cebu City Youth, Seniors Not To Abuse Relaxed IATF Rules

“I appeal to our 15 and 65 year olds, although the IATF allowed you to go out but please no do not abuse the the kind of liberality and relaxation.”

PH COVID-19 Recoveries Now 310,303

The Department of Health also logs 2,638 new confirmed cases, bringing the total number of active cases to 42,191 on Monday.

Manila Churches Ready To Accept More Attendees

Catholic churches in Manila are ready to accept more churchgoers as the city government approved an increase in the number of people that would be allowed to attend religious gatherings.

Duterte Assures Gov’t Will ‘Look For Money’ To Settle Red Cross Debt

“We’ll look for the money. Hindi naman marami but ang priority natin dito is really medical treatment, medical attention. Babayaran to in a short while, do not worry.”

Pasig Temporarily Shuts Down Community Kitchen

The Pasig city government has temporarily closed its community kitchen after one of its workers tested positive for the COVID-19.

Pandemic Parenting: Education In The New Normal

With the newly introduced distance learning, these parents remain resilient in facing the challenges brought about by it.

UK: COVID-19 Vaccines To Be Available In Early 2021

More than one COVID-19 vaccine are expected to be distributed by 2021.

5K Cebu Learners Benefit From Milk Feeding Program

The Philippine Carabao Center-Ubay Stock Farm and the Department of Agriculture in Central Visayas kicks off a school-based milk feeding program in the southern city of Carcar, Cebu, benefiting nearly 5,000 learners.

N. Samar Readies Over 14K Food Packs For Villages Under ECQ

Northern Samar prepares food packs for families affected by enhanced community quarantine in Catarman.