‘The Ripple’ Podcast To Feature Ben&Ben, Moira, SB19, And More

Fans can tune in to hear from their favorite artists as The Ripple podcast debuts its new season.

‘My Love Will Make You Disappear’ Makes PHP40 Million In Four Days

"My Love Will Make You Disappear" continues to impress audiences, grossing PHP40 million in its first week.

New Tractors From DAR To Boost Bohol ARBs’ Productivity

Patuloy ang suporta ng DAR sa Bohol, nakatanggap ang 115 ARBs ng bagong traktora na mag-aangat ng kanilang produktibidad sa agrikultura.

Eastern Visayas RDC Eyes Higher Chance Of Approval For 2026 Projects

Tinatarget ng Eastern Visayas RDC ang mas mataas na pondo para sa kanilang mga proyekto sa 2026, gamit ang mga handang plano.

Abra Reimposes Strict Protocols To Prevent Entry Of Omicron

Abra Governor announced that her province would reimplement strict border and entry protocols as a precaution against the possible entry of the Omicron variant of the Covid-19.
By The Visayas Journal

Abra Reimposes Strict Protocols To Prevent Entry Of Omicron

0
0

How do you feel about this story?

Like
Love
Haha
Wow
Sad
Angry

Abra Governor Maria Jocelyn Bernos on Monday announced on her official Facebook page that the province would reimplement strict border and entry protocols as a precaution against the possible entry of the Omicron variant of the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19).

This, as the Department of Health (DOH) in Cordillera reported that the province remains to have zero active cases of the viral infection.

“We will again be strict in our entry protocols starting tomorrow. The S-PaSS (Safe, Swift and Smart Passage) system for all incoming individuals (residents and non-residents; APOR (authorized persons outside the residence) or non-APOR; vaccinated or non-vaccinated,” Bernos said in her post in the Ilocano dialect.

“We hope we can delay the entry of the Omicron variant in our province,” she added.

Bernos said imposing stricter protocols is necessary due to the DOH’s confirmation of the entry in the country of Omicron, which is a more contagious variant of Covid-19.

She also cited the increasing Covid-19 cases in the country and the placing of Metro Manila under Alert Level 3.

She said she would issue an executive order to give details on the restrictive entry protocols.

In November last year, the province of Abra was the last province in the region to loosen border control measures to control and manage the Covid-19 cases even if its numbers started to go down. (PNA)