Blackwater Women’s Body Sprays: Deliciously Sweet Scents For Everyday Freshness!

Transform your everyday routine with Blackwater Women’s sweet and irresistible body sprays, made for women who love a playful touch. #BWWomen #EverOrganics #ForeverBeauty #BetterThanBasic #EverBilena #YouFirst

DepEd Eyes Farm Schools In Negros Oriental, Siquijor

Sa pagbuo ng mga farm school sa Negros Oriental at Siquijor, ang DepEd ay naglalayong ipanday ang mas maliwanag na kinabukasan para sa mga kabataan sa kanayunan.

Borongan City Kicks Off PHP118 Million People’s Survival Fund Project

Sinimulan ng Borongan City ang kanilang ambisyosong proyekto sa PHP118 milyon para sa flood control at reforestation upang magkaloob ng mas magandang kinabukasan.

NEDA-NIR Reaches Out To LGUs To Promote Collective Action

Ang ugnayan ng NEDA-NIR sa mga LGUs ay nagpapakita ng halaga ng sama-samang pagkilos sa pag-unlad ng Negros Island Region.

Japanese Boxer Disowns Victory Claim In Fight With Filipino Opponent

Nagtapos ang laban sa hindi inaasahang paraan nang sabihin ni Keita Kurihara na hindi siya ang tunay na nagtagumpay.
By Julianne Borje

Japanese Boxer Disowns Victory Claim In Fight With Filipino Opponent

2604
2604

How do you feel about this story?

Like
Love
Haha
Wow
Sad
Angry

Japanese boxer, Keita Kurihara, displayed respect and true sportsmanship as he renounced his win against Filipino journeyman Renan Portes last Monday at Korakuen Hall in Tokyo.

A usual eight-round boxing match took a peculiar twist after a whirlwind of emotions as Kurihara addressed the crowd and willingly said, “I didn’t win this fight,” soon after he was announced as the winner by split decision.

It was a split decision, with one Japanese judge scoring it 78-74 in favor of Kurihara and the other scoring it 78-74 in favor of Portes.

A Facebook video went viral showing Kurihara’s regret apologizing to Portes while they’re inside the Bukidnon native’s locker room.

Kurihara, speaking through a translator in the Bukidnon native’s locker room, said, “I was declared the winner, but I believe I lost. It’s shameful that I was declared the winner. I apologize.”

A victory would have been crucial for Portes, but he instead suffered his 17th loss, adding to his 13 wins. On the other hand, Kurihara improved his record to 19 wins, 8 losses, and 1 draw, with 16 of those wins coming by knockout.

Before his match against Portes, Kurihara had already secured a win against another Filipino boxer, Froilan Saludar, in a rematch held last January in Cebu. In that fight, Kurihara knocked out Saludar, a former world title contender, in the eighth round.

The loss was particularly crushing for the 35-year-old Portes, who had made a promise to his daughter that he would return home victorious.

In the video, Portes said, “I promised my child that I won’t return home a loser.”

He added, “In the sixth round, I felt groggy but [I fought back] because I promised my child I would bring home the victory.”

A translator told Portes, “He said you won,” as Kurihara, still overwhelmed with grief, knelt beside the Filipino, apologizing. “He believes you won, and that’s what you should tell your child. He’ll fight to ensure the record shows that you won.”

H/T: sports.inquirer.net
Photo Credit: www.facebook.com/edmondlapitandellosa